Wendy has a huge passion, and experience in the treatment of Back and Spinal Pain. Over her forty year career she has developed a strong expertise in the following Back pain conditions:
- Disc Injuries
- Sciatica and Nerve Root pain
- Chronic Lumbar Pain
- Shoulder Blade Injuries
- Neck pain
- Referred pain down the arms or legs
- Spinal pain from work
Wendy will do a thorough assessment so that she has a deep understanding your unique injury.
1. Assess your Pain
Wendy will assess if your pain is mechanical, inflammatory, local, referred or a combination.
2. Check your Alignment
She will check skeletal, muscle and fascial alignment and correct any imbalances.
3. Test strength and mobility issues
Wendy will guide you to heal yourself with exercises and information about posture, workplace etc.
4. Emotional and spiritual causes of pain
Wendy understands that stress impacts any pain in the body. This can be assessed using Kinesiology and other techniques.
You will also be supported to improve your cellular health and general wellness to promote a quicker healing response.
With these fundamentals assessed and corrected your pain is much less likely to return in the future.
With over forty years of experience, Wendy has many tools to promote the healing of back pain and these include :
- Treatment of spinal joints with gentle movement
- Stretching of the fascia
- Assessing and correcting muscle, fascial and skeletal imbalance
- Dry Needle Acupuncture
- Electrotherapy Modalities for reduction in inflammation
- Exercise therapy
- Meditation, Breathing and mindful healing techniques - from the Wim E. Hof Method and Dr Joe Dispenza
- Applied Kinesiology and Life Coaching techniques for stress
Most importantly Wendy will support your healing journey. She will go the distance to explain your back pain so that you understand how you created it in the first place.
Wendy will then encourage you to change these habits, thoughts and behaviours so that the pain is less likely to return in the future.
Click on the picture below for a short video to get an understanding of your back pain.
To reserve an appointment click on the button below.